Lura M. Sharp School-Parent Compact
Pulaski Academy and Central School District and Administration will:
Lura M. Sharp Teachers/Staff will:
- Set high expectations for staff, students and parents by ensuring a challenging curriculum, implementing programs targeted at increasing student achievement and committing to recruit, retrain, and train qualified staff.
- Support professional development for faculty and staff both during the academic year and in the summer.
- Support collaboration among faculty and with parents as needed to discuss curriculum and instruction.
- Provide time for teachers and parents to conference about students’ needs and progress.
Lura M. Sharp Students will:
- Provide engaging instruction aligned to the Common Core State Standards.
- Collaborate with other classroom teachers, special education teachers, related service providers, and administration to improve practices and best meet students’ academic needs.
- Monitor student progress in all academic areas and update parents quarterly.
- Use a data driven approach when making instructional decisions.
- Assign homework that is relevant to instruction and appropriate for independent practice of skills.
- Provide a safe environment for students to learn in.
- Communicate expectations and grading system to students and their families.
Lura M. Sharp Parents /Families will:
- Follow rules and procedures of the building as outlined in the Code of Conduct.
- Actively participate in classroom instruction.
- Record assignments and independently practice subject area skills at home using the strategies and materials provided by classroom instructors.
- Establish routines to support their child’s academic success by encouraging them to read, complete homework, and attend school regularly.
- Communicate with the classroom teacher, special area teacher, related service provider, or special education teacher if there are concerns as it relates to school.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences.
- Support policies and procedures outlined in the Code of Conduct.