New ‘Summer Enrichment Program’ Offers PACS Students Fun, Ongoing Learning Opportunities
Pulaski Academy & Central School District is launching a new initiative to offer local, fun-filled, and educational opportunities for students at all grade levels during the summer months to promote ongoing learning in several different areas of student interest.
The PACS “Summer Enrichment Program” will feature mostly four-day sessions, taught by faculty members throughout July and August, at the elementary, middle and high school levels. Elementary programs include:
- Pulaski’s Past: Journey on walking field trips throughout the village of Pulaski to learn about notable past residents and unique historic places
- War of 1812 Forts: Students will visit Fort Ontario in Oswego and the Sackets Harbor Battlefield and Walking Trail to learn how forts helped the U.S. during the War of 1812.
- STEM Building: Students will engage in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) activities by completing a task card challenge using a box of supplied materials and their problem-solving, math, and writing skills
- Ready to ROBO: This two-week program will challenge students to learn how to build, code and program robots using STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) skills.
- Yoga & Mindfulness: Students will learn yoga sequences and mindfulness techniques
- Kickoff to Kindergarten: This program offers hands-on learning centers and skill review to support kindergarten readiness
- Stream Monitoring: Students will explore river and fishing stream habitats and how to measure current speed, sample organisms and use a stream sampling net
- PE Party: Offering badminton, basketball, archery and innovative technology, this program will engage students in a variety of activities to benefit them physically, socially and emotionally.
Middle and High School Summer Enrichment Program offerings include Super Summer STEM Projects, Writing Poetry, Theater Workshop, Intro to Piano, Introduction to CAD, Memoir Comics, Campus Nature Survey, Board Gaming, Gardening in the Courtyard, Bio-Blitz of School Property, Real Time Fitness and Nutrition, Beginning Band, Brass Ensemble, Spanish Language Immersion, Drawing and Painting Studio and Digital Photography Studio.
Elmentary registration forms must be filled out and returned to the Lura M. Sharp Elementary Schoo main office by Friday, June 25. The Middle-High School Google Form Enrollment must be completed by Friday, July 2.